January 22, 2012

Creating Again, and Loving Every Minute of It!!!


Oh, wow, it's been a very long time since I last blogged. Almost two years to be precise. So much has happened in this space of time. Not only have I not blogged, I also haven't created much art at all. My life took a very big turn. A serious illness left me physically, mentally and emotionally incapable of dealing with even the smallest things in life and I found myself in a state of profound depression and despair. I'm so grateful that I was able to overcome it all, and now, two years later, I'm healthy, happy, renewed, newly wedded and creating art full steam again. 


To quote one of my favorite authors, Paulo Coelho, "Any dream is made possible by taking the first step. So, whenever you want something, the whole Universe will conspire for you to get it. But you have to take the step towards your dream, and then you will be guided". I find his words to be so true and inspirational. It took me a lot of courage and determination to find my way again. Art is my life and throughout my entire ordeal, it was what kept me from completely loosing myself. Despite the fact that I wasn't physically creating anything during that time, my heart and soul still managed to keep it alive, never allowing my desire to create to disappear. I just had to dig deep and overcome self-doubt to bring it all back and take the first step towards my dream to make my art known and allow the world to see what's inside me through my creations.


I'm very blessed to have found some wonderful artists online and IRL that gave me the support, encouragement and tools to start walking the artistic path once again, albeit a different one that I had originally intended to.


For years I've been trying to find the medium in which I could excel and that would allow me to express myself fully in a creative way. Try as I might, no single medium in and off itself gave me what I needed. It was only when I discovered Mixed Media that years of trying to let out feelings about my life and my soul began to flow freely from my hands and my heart. There is something so liberating about not having to follow a particular medium's rules about anything and just enjoy myself while translating into canvas all that has been bottled up inside myself. 

My studio is alive again, luckly in a new location, free of the old memories that haunted me in my old place. I'm happy once again, there's nowhere in this world I enjoy being in more. It's where my soul smiles, my spirit is free and I can paint, sing and dance to my heart's content. I'm truly having a great time creating happy art that makes "me" happy and hopefully others. I love bringing a smile to people's face with my art, playing with shabby mixed media backgrounds and drawing cute, sweet girls that are at the same time, inspirational and empowering through the words they whisper in my ear asking me to give them a voice so they can offer the world not only a smile, but encouragement, hope, kindness, dreams, love and respect for themselves.

It's time to go back to the studio now, the call to create is getting louder and louder but it's been a truly exciting experience to blog again. I'll leave you all with the inspiring words of another one of my favorite authors, Rumi, "Let the beauty of what you love be what you do". Have a wonderful week everyone! And as my girl above says, "Anything is possible if you follow your heart's desire". 

Shine Brightly,
xo Jade

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well I'm glad you decided to start blogging again! I love your artwork, and am interested in hearing what you're up to ^_^

This is a beautiful piece, by the way. I am really loving this collaging technique of yours. ^_^