February 28, 2012

Challenges

Oh, my, I thought that drawing a 3/4 view portrait would be the biggest challenge, but now that I started painting it, I realize that it was a walk in the park compared to getting the shading right. I'm having the hardest time getting her nose right. There's just something off about it and I can't quite pinpoint what. I'm just going to leave it alone for now, let the paint dry then try to fix it. I also added some glass beads and pumice stone medium to the background and sprayed some more color washes. Which of course got on her face, so perhaps it would be a good idea to let her dry completely so I can put a mask over her face or else I'm going to end up with a freckled girl. Which would be okay except for the fact that the freckles are blue and green! Here's my progress so far:
Have a super day everyone!

Hugs,
Jade

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE her! I think you nailed the three quarter view too! Her blue hair is also quite stunning. ^_^